Sunday, October 23, 2011

Vacation Day 2

Today we are traveling from Idaho Falls, ID to Jackson Hole, Wyoming.
Free breakfast at the Motel in Idaho Falls, we tried the buffet, but SUCK CITY. So off we went to the googled breakfast spot of interest.
Breakfast: Smittys Pancake & Steak House. This place hasnt changed inside since 1967, but in fact it was good. So good were the pancakes, I didnt get a picture before Debbie made quick work of them. My swiss & mushroom omelette, is displayed below. A strong B rating.


Lunch at Bubba's BBQ, Jackson, Wyoming


BBQ brisket for me battered french frys

Beef brisket & pulled pork on garlic toast for her
This place was rated one of Jacksons best spots, but to us tasted like many other  BBQ joints.


Dinner:  Merry Piglets, Jackson Wyo. I have to admit, I'd eaten at this place a hundred times when I lived here back in the early 1980's. Back then it was strictly an outdoor spot with picnic tables open only in the summer. This was the hot spot for lunch with long lines, cheap food and a killer shredded taco salad. The pair of gals that owned this would pack up and head for warmer weather in the winter.  Today, its a hard core tourist restaurant, filled with people just off the square in Jackson. The food is unfortunately, not exactly as I remembered or hoped for.


No comments: